Barista / Shop Sales AssistantFull time Fulham Rd.
We are a fast-growing company with a clear mission: to revolutionise the food system.
With hubs in London, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, New York and Los Angeles - as well as our own regenerative farm in Cornwall - we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Since 2004, we have been building a unique supply chain that connects chefs and home cooks alike to an ever-growing community of independent growers, farmers and producers.
With four stores across London and our own concessions at Eataly and Selfridges, we’re creating access to consciously-produced and grown food at a scale unparalleled by anyone else in the industry. Our Counter concept at Fulham Road and Notting HIll is pioneering a totally new idea in café culture - that you don’t have to compromise on flavour or sustainability to eat a quick, nutritious meal. Serving up a radically seasonal and totally traceable menu, everything is made by us from scratch, using ingredients sourced straight from growers and producers in our own community.
Education of the consumer is at the core of our mission, with flavour the key to unlocking that knowledge. Once tasted, we can encourage home cooks to eat a wider variety of fruit & vegetables, and help them to understand the positive influence they can have over the food system as a whole.
About the Job
There are thousands of food businesses out there. Joining Natoora means that you’re looking to be part of something bigger. As Shop Sales Assistant, you’ll be the face of a dynamic, committed movement that is driving real change at ground level. You will be responsible for displaying and caring for some of the best-tasting produce available in the UK. You’ll be able to advise on seasonal produce and will go above and beyond to ensure that we are always delivering the best possible service. Through our training programme, we’ll equip you with the tools and knowledge to become a leading campaigner in your own right, climbing a clear growth path with training modules covering Product, Customer Service and Store Operations. At the core of that knowledge is a deep understanding and appreciation for our produce. You’ll learn where, how and by whom our food is grown, and how every decision - from seed selection to growing method to serving suggestion - can impact on the planet. Everyone has a part to play in creating a better food system. This is your chance.
- You will look after our customers and provide the best customer service.
- You will go out of your way to help people engage with unfamiliar or intimidating produce.
- You will be responsible for handling cash (payments, cash up…)
- You will take care of our incredible produce (quality check, replenishing, delivery…)
- You’ll make sure all health and safety rules are followed and you will report any hazard
- You will be part of a team and help your co-workers. Communication is the key!
- You care about everything you eat: where it comes from, how it’s made and who by. Working with us is more than just a job - it’s a way of life.
- Whether it’s engaging with customers on the shop floor or taking a new recruit under your wing, you’re approachable, caring and willing to go the extra mile.
- You’re punctual, self-motivated and full of initiative. You see how every task - big or small - fits into the fuller picture of our food system revolution.
- You’ll have a great command of spoken English and enjoy making genuine connections with our customers.
- You’ll have basic IT skills to input sales information and place orders.
- You’ll enjoy multitasking in an often busy environment.
- You’ll have knowledge of food safety standards and understand the importance of following our customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- You’ll be happy to work evenings or weekends.
- You’ll be physically active and happy to do occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting throughout the day - you’ll need to be able to comfortably carry up to 10 kilos at a time.
- Performance related bonus - up to £250 per month
- Cost-price fruit & vegetables - we don’t profit from sales to our own team members
- Your birthday off*
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised lunch - made with the same seasonal produce we supply to chefs
- CODE Hospitality membership, getting you up to 50% off at London and the UK’s leading restaurants*
- Cycle to Work scheme*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Kitchen stocked from our own growers and producers - including Estate Dairy milk and butter - as well as from our Spa Terminus neighbours Monmouth & Little Bread Pedlar
- Referral bonus - £250 when referred candidate complete probation period
*Once you’ve hit the 6 month mark
Email your CV to jobs@natoora and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.