Øresund Region LeadFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs.
We also engage directly with home cooks through our Natoora delivery app, as well as in our stores and concessions, and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
About the job
Natoora is in the early stages of planning our next hub, focusing on the Øresund Region - primarily the cities of Malmö and Copenhagen. You will be the first hire – someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, that understands the food industry and local market and is willing to work on your own at the beginning.
The role will initially have responsibility for coordinating the pre-order sales to restaurants delivered from our Italian and/or French hubs. There will be some hands- on work in terms of making deliveries and building relationships with existing customers as well as looking to grow the customer base. The next phase will be setting up a warehouse and team so we can move towards a full-service model: product going into stock at the hub, available for frequent deliveries and without the need for pre-orders.
You will represent Natoora in this new region - an experienced professional, able to work with the global executive team, with an understanding of the reality and demands of being the first employee in a new region.
- Analyse competitor and context and market potential.
- Receiving product and delivery to customers.
- Local client support.
- Acquiring new customers
- Work with global product team on range expansion & the exploration of local product sourcing.
- Define, build business case then recruit and develop the team that will support further growth.
- Property search for warehouse
- Warehouse and logistic set-up
- Financial management and P&L responsibility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Entrepreneurial and start-up experience combined with further roles within larger organisations would be a great asset.
- A real understanding of the fresh produce industry and how Natoora is revolutionising it. This is even more important than industry specific experience.
- Knowledge of the regional restaurant landscape is essential, a healthy network of key contacts within the industry is preferred.
- Project inception experience and project management skills.
- Good communication skills, combined with great ability to manage and develop people.
- Self-reliance and the ability to manage growth and bring in resource and structure at appropriate junctures.
- Sound understanding of financial management and an ability to manage cash flow, a capex budget and P&L.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience working collaboratively and successfully across different departments.
- Local market knowledge and fluent Swedish and Danish is preferred
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.