Produce ManagerFull time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fresh produce and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1,500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruits & vegetables.
Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
About the Job
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven individual to join our growing buying team. You will bring your passion and curiosity to a team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruit and vegetables - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain.
Collectively, we have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 500 growers and producers across Europe & the US. You will help define how we store, select, and pack our strong +300-line range of radically seasonal fruits & vegetables, as well as dry goods, charcuterie & dairy. You will work closely with the buying and operations teams to ensure that the products which we source are treated with the utmost care and respect.
- Define and implement proper storage and selection practices.
- Manage the second selection and donation program, ensuring that perishable products do not go to waste.
- Take an active role in stock rotation and product management.
- In collaboration with the buyers maintain and manage an inventory system - ensuring accuracy and effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, identifying and resolving challenges while creating collaborative solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion for the food and restaurants we supply
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and take on responsibility in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to hit the ground running. You’ll enjoy working autonomously as well as part of a tight-knit team.
- Experience with fruits & vegetables and/or restaurant industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Sheets is preferred.
- Competitive wages, healthcare, dental, vision, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career
- Staff discount on all fruit & vegetables, dairy, and charcuterie in our warehouse
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.
Our vision for a better food system is built on real human relationships and a diversity of experience, perspective and ideas. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.