Head BuyerPlein temps, rungis
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fresh produce and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1,500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables.
Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced individual to join our buying team. You’ll be adding your own passion and experience to a team with an unparalleled knowledge of fruit, vegetables and specialist produce - united in its commitment to building a new supply chain. Grounded in at least 3 years’ worth of experience in the food industry, you’ll have a keen eye for consumer trends and possess the ability to pick out exceptional produce.
We have spent over fifteen years building our own supply chain, uniting over 500 growers and producers across Europe & the US. You will take on a fundamental role in that sourcing and purchasing process, ensuring its ongoing efficiency and success. You will be responsible for finding the very best producers and growers in France while managing our purchases at the main French markets. You’ll be an excellent communicator, bringing a dynamic energy to our tight knit team. You’ll be confident in juggling several projects at once and thrive when no two days are the same. Willing to get stuck in, always looking to go beyond what you already know. Most importantly, you’ll be driven by a genuine commitment to change the way food is being farmed & supplied.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the buying and sourcing of all French produce for both the local market and also for exporting to our regional hubs.
- Expanding our French product range beyond fresh produce.
- Maintaining relationships with growers and producers
- Crop planning and forecasting with key growers
- Monitoring and reporting against KPIs
- Reporting to Head of Global Sourcing in London and MD of Natoora Paris
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Actively engage in SOPs on the supply side
Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years’ experience as Buyer or similar experience working with exceptional produce
- Value honesty and teamwork above individual achievements
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Confident in the use of Excel, databases and other Tech programmes
- Ability to speak English is required
- 50% off on fruit & vegetables in our stores and through our App
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career
- Our Paris Hub - Rungis market, 94550 Chevilly Larue
Email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you want to join our team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.