Creative CopywriterFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the food system. Delivering radically seasonal produce to over 1000 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count among our customers some of the world’s most forward-thinking chefs.
We also engage directly with home cooks through our Natoora delivery app, as well as in our stores and concessions, and online via Ocado. We are actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce by putting flavour and biodiversity back onto the shelves.
Be part of a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques & traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an opportunity to radically transform the food system through the creation of compelling written content across our channels. A key member of the brand team, you will lead on the research and creation of original copy, whether it’s detailed stories on our growers for our website or a printed manifesto that will change the way people will eat forever. Impeccably organised and a great communicator, you will be the voice of a grassroots movement that will shape the future of food for the better.
Working closely with our sourcing team, you will always strive to dig deeper to write accurate, hyperseasonal content that will inform the menus of some of the world’s top kitchens as well as reach home cooks - both in print and on our app. You will be a confident researcher and eager to get to the point; a meticulous writer, you will understand why details matter more than throwaway adjectives. You’ll be familiar with the restaurant industry and be comfortable writing copy for kitchens where time is short and a direct approach works best. Learning everything there is to know about fresh produce and farming, your craft will be distilling a breadth of complex information into the few key details that a busy chef needs to hear.
As well as writing on our produce and our growers, you’ll be centrally involved in developing content for our home delivery app and our retail stores - as well as adapting our core messages to the local needs of specific regions. Sensitive to tone, you will be able to adapt your voice to a wide range of audiences - from London to Brooklyn and beyond - and have a clear understanding of what is most important to each locality. While primarily speaking to our chefs, there is also huge scope for developing and deepening our store messaging in order to reach the average consumer, reconnect them with farming & nature, and educate them on the value of transparent sourcing.
With a minimum of 3 years of copywriting behind you and previous experience covering stories on farms or in kitchens, this is a uniquely creative opportunity to build on one of the most authoritative voices in fresh produce and shape a better food system for everyone.
- You have 3+ years creative copywriting experience and a real affinity for clear communication - with a portfolio to back this up.
- A confident writer, you can break down complicated information and capture the details that matter most. You value accuracy over poetry, always looking to go beyond buzzwords and cliches.
- Impeccable written and communication skills, with pitch perfect sensitivity to tone and never a typo.
- Previous experience writing stories on the restaurant industry, fresh produce and farming.
- You have a track record of working effectively within a team and to tight deadlines.
- Strong planning skills essential as well as an ability to display flexibility in the face of external factors.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Lunch cooked fresh daily from our radically seasonal produce - as well as Husk & Honey granola, Ice Cream Union ice cream, England Preserves jam, sourdough bread and plenty of fruit to snack on throughout the day.
- 50% off on the best fruit & vegetables in Europe through our stores and our industry-only app.
- Great atmosphere, central London location and a mission you can get behind.
Email your CV and 3 examples of your written work to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.
When applying to a job, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Natoora, which is located at Unit 6 Discovery Business Park St James's Road, London SE16 4RA and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing recruitment related activities. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.