Wild Food ApprenticeFull time
ABOUT THE JOB
We are an innovative start-up which supplies directly sourced wild and foraged foods to some of the industry’s most influential chefs. Based within walking distance of London Bridge, we work in partnership with Natoora, a wholesale company committed to revolutionising the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better.
ABOUT THE APPRENTICESHIP ROLE
A unique opportunity has arisen for a passionate individual who is actively pursuing a career as a food and drink operative, to become our very first apprentice. The Wild Room and our apprenticeship training provider will give you the chance to experience first hand one of the largest and fastest growing industry sectors.
From identifying our wild and foraged produce, packing orders, learning health and safety processes, gaining insight into the supply chain and contributing to continuous improvement activities; you will be given all the skills and knowledge to forge a solid grounding in food processing.
At the end of the apprenticeship, you will obtain a Level 3 Apprenticeship Qualification under the government’s apprenticeship scheme.
ABOUT YOUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrable passion for the food industry with a keen desire to succeed in obtaining Apprenticeship Level 3 Food and Drink Process Operator
- Previous customer service experience
- Intermediate computer and digital technology skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, professional and punctual
- Willingness to work within a team environment with shared workload and responsibilities
- Practical and logical in approach
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines, to take initiative and work independently
- Desire to contribute to the company’s continuous improvement philosophy
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A full-time role (minimum 30hrs per week and within the parameters of an official government apprenticeship scheme)
- A fixed wage of between £3.70 and £10.00 per hour, depending on your apprenticeship stage.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Qualification (dependent on candidate’s own effort)
Email your CV and cover letter to Zoë Haydon and tell us why you want to join the team.