Accountant / BookkeeperPart Time
This role would suit someone with several years’ experience as a Bookkeeper and/or Accountant who would enjoy the challenge of joining a new and fast-growing business as its first Accountant. You must have an excellent track record of independent working and attention to detail. You will be dynamic and flexible and have a hands-on approach to your role.
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 500 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
Recently named a Fast Track 100 Company by the Sunday Times, as well as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing companies by the Financial Times, we are expanding quickly across all the regions we operate in. Having successfully launched in US in March of 2017, we are now looking for a part time bookkeeper to manage and maintain our accounts and monthly financial processes based in Brooklyn, NY.
Initially reporting to the London based CFO and working closely with the NY Managing Director and the rest of the NY-based leadership team, your main duties will include:
- Sales ledger posting and reconciliation
- Invoicing clients and credit control
- Purchase ledger posting, payments and reconciling statements
- Making payments to approved suppliers, checking payments and ensuring correct paperwork
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
- Processing and paying expenses
- Prepare journal entries, monthly accounts and perform month-end routines
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Assist with all other financial tasks as required including budgeting and forecasting
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bookkeeping: A good head for numbers, knowledge of bookkeeping principles and attention to detail
- Accounting Software: Experience with QuickBooks online or other accounting software package would be beneficial
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills: Preparing and producing spreadsheets and using bookkeeping software will be necessary
- Confidentiality: You will know the inner workings of a company's financial documents. Your discretion is key
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Able to work effectively and independently on own initiative
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.