Head of UK Buying OperationFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better.
We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavours that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 600 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s most talented and forward-thinking chefs.
We engage directly with home cooks in our stores and concessions across London, actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables.
Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a bright, confident and experienced Head of UK Buying Operations to join our team, we are looking for somebody with passion for great-tasting food - you will be responsible for managing a range that includes some of the best fruit & vegetables in Europe.
You will be actively aware of how we source our produce, overseeing the purchase, logistic and the storage of the produce in our warehouse. Your role will be key in setting up new strategies & projects, supported by a constant use of data.
- Buying for all UK business
- Oversee Pricing - all channels (UK, FR, US)
- Manage Inbound Logistics
- Define and monitor KPIs
- Non-available management / reduction
- Assure that produce management best practices are maintained
- Work closely with commercial teams and Global buyers
- Responsible for reporting and data analysis
- Continuously monitor and report on the suitability and robustness of our supply chain systems
- Review business processes evaluate freight costs in and out and look at ways of reducing costs whilst maximizing value to the company
- Maintain correct Par stocks and product identification for stock control, and all corresponding paperwork and pricing
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve supply chain issues
- Actively engage in SOPs process on the supply side
- Participate in the strategic development of operations and supply chain
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of professional supply chain or related work, with experience managing a team
- University degree
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Ability to speak other languages is desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to develop and deploy creative / original solutions to complex problems
- Experience monitoring and reporting against KPIs
- A full understanding of complex supply chains including sourcing from global and local suppliers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 50% off all fruit & vegetables in our stores and our market stall at Spa Terminus.
- A competitive salary, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
Email your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.