Head of RetailFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better. We count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs. having spent over ten years delivering truly seasonal produce to restaurants in London, and more recently New York and Paris, connecting these capital cities with flavours that would otherwise be lost forever.
Through our retail business we strive to help consumers change the way they think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture. In Europe and the USA we continue to build a unique supply chain built upon close relationships with growers who share our philosophy. Our success depends on both our rigorous focus on logistics and our in-depth knowledge of produce, growing cycles and seasonality.
OUR RETAIL BUSINESS
The foundations on which Natoora is built is the wholesale business, however Natoora began life as a retailer, and retail is a critical part of our objectives for growth and to deliver change to the food system through consumer demand. We opened our first store in 2013 and will open our fifth location in early 2018. We are now looking to accelerate our store openings in the UK, as well as establish a retail presence in New York and Paris in the near future.
Natoora is a constantly evolving work environment that challenges employees to keep pace with our growth. At the same time, it is relaxed and open, and employees are encouraged to engage in many areas and progress quickly in their development. Obviously, a passion for fresh produce is a must, but we are a company that also values interest in design, technological innovation, data analysis and customer service.
Our culture is unique within our sector, with an emphasis on respect, openness and trust. We look to bring people in who share these qualities and can bring experience and great thinking to our business.
The expansion of our number of stores has been identified as a key objective over the next 3 years and therefore you will be integral to our success. Providing excellent brand visibility and a platform to communicate our core messages, they are the spaces which must capture the spirit and ethos of Natoora, as well as showcase the produce which is the life-work of so many of our growers.
Our stores also perform an important role in supporting the growth of the company, through strong, positive cashflow and excellent return on investment.
Reporting to the CCO, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of retail team to support and build on the running of the existing stores, as well as manage the search for new locations and future store development. Critical to this will be defining the store concept(s) and formats for future locations. This role provides a great opportunity for you to take the retail business from an early stage and help define its future. This will include working closely with our Heads of Brand and Product as well as the wider Commercial team.
- Manage, further define, recruit and develop and central team that will support existing stores and project manage future store openings
- Defining with other internal teams the future store concepts and formats
- Financial management and P&L responsibility for all stores
- Oversee the development of a staff training program that encompasses product knowledge, customer service and career development
- Work with Product team on range reviews, expansion and product development
- Define and create a store marketing function, working closely with Brand team, that encourages participation within their stores local communities, building relationships with businesses nearby and participating in local events
- Several years’ experience in a similar role, with international experience preferred
- Experience in developing and delivering successfully a project from inception
- Good communication skills, combined with empathy and a great ability to manage and grow people
- Self-reliance combined with the ability to manage growth and bring in resource and structure at appropriate junctures
- Sound understanding of financial management and an ability to manage a project budget and P&L
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively and successfully with different departments
- A proven understanding of how the stores experience represents the brand in the retail environment
Email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com and tell us why you want to join the team.