Head of Produce ManagementFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionising the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better.
We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavours that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 600 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s most talented and forward-thinking chefs.
We engage directly with home cooks in our stores and concessions across London, actively seeking to change the way people understand fresh produce. We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables.
Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.
We are seeking an experienced Produce Manager to join our team, we are looking for somebody with passion for great-tasting food and specific functions within our Day Operation to help us offering customers the best service.
You will be leading a team responsible for ensuring that the quality of Natoora produce is always at its best and liaising with different stakeholders. You will make sure that all products are stored correctly and the overall quality of produce is maintained from Goods in to Goods out. You will be responsible to communicate to sales / buying regarding stock levels and actions required.
- Manage storage / quality of stock for two busy sites
- Develop and implement SOPs with potential for application in future sites
- Train and motivate the Produce Management team in new policies and product knowledge
- Define and monitor KPIs
- Generate and analyse quality reports and develop practices to reduce customer non-conformities
- Assess and participate in defining best storage locations for each product
- Handle and distribute the workload throughout the team
- Assure that produce management best practices are maintained
- Work closely with buyers
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, identify and resolve storage issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of produce related work, with experience managing a team
- Ability to handle multiple demands
- Excellent communication & planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 50% off all fruit & vegetables, fresh pasta and charcuterie in our store.
- A competitive salary, excellent training and the opportunity to progress your career.
Email email@example.com with your CV and tell us why you want to join the team.