Head of Operations NYCFull Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and to actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 700 restaurants in London, New York and Paris, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s finest chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture. Learn more at natoora.com
Recently named a Fast Track 100 Company by the Sunday Times, as well as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing companies by the Financial Times, we are expanding quickly across all the regions we operate in. Having successfully launched in the US in March of 2017, we are now looking for a Head of Operations to run our New York City operations and transport functions, based in Brooklyn, NY.
Reporting to the NY CEO, you will be instrumental in overseeing the 24hr production and delivery of orders to all clients. With solid experience in an operationally focused senior role, you will have full ownership of and be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation, ensuring it runs effectively and efficiently. The role requires flexible working hours due to the startup phase of the company and the 24/6 operating time of the business.
The US market is one of our key strategic priorities and you will therefore be integral to our success. This role provides a great opportunity for you to further develop our unique picking, packing, and delivery process. Our ideal candidate will be a strong leader, eager to get things done, and extremely willing to lead by example from the operations floor. You will have a hands-on approach and be capable of building a strong, collaborative work ethic while developing our warehouse team and preserving our company culture.
Strategically minded and with a great ability to manage and inspire people, you will have excellent communication skills and relish the challenges of a fast growing business. You will be driven to continuously improve the operation, while ensuring that key operating procedures are established and maintained so that the operation runs and scales effectively.
In return you will work in one of the most exciting and innovative companies in our sector, within an open and creative environment and with the potential to deliver significant positive impact to our society. This highly visible role will be instrumental in achieving our purpose: revolutionizing the food system through our commitment to operational excellence and produce flavor.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of all aspects of daily warehouse operations, transport, and physical plant
- Management of all Operation teams -- from Goods-In to Production to Delivery, providing clients outstanding service levels
- Ensuring that all operational procedures are established and followed consistently
- Establishing, developing, and managing a growing team
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
Our Successful candidates will:
- Have several years and proven track record of effectively leading a fast-paced warehouse operation, preferably in the food business
- Be even-keeled and focused, delivering results under the pressure of a time-constrained schedule
- Be flexible in working hours: the operation is in startup mode & runs 24/6
- Have superb communication and people management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively and strategically
- Have experience structuring organizations through growth phases
- Demonstrate the desire to learn and have a strong drive to grow professionally
In return we offer you a competitive hourly wage and a supportive work environment with opportunity for growth
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to join the team.